Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

My Favorite Things of 2010


1.    I’m delighted about my new granddaughter, Ava Lenore, born November 16, 2010.
 
2.    My favorite grandson Everett, 3 ½, and I had our first grandma-grandson sleep-over. In fact, we had three of them at my little cottage in Jacksonville, Oregon. That was the best. Everett is supercallifragilisticexpealidocious. It was a real treat to spend three weeks visiting with him, my daughter, her husband, and his new sister.

 3.   I loved living in Brooklyn Heights, NY for six months, just a 15-minute walk from my favorite son and just a block from the Brooklyn Promenade that overlooks the East River.

4.    I’m proud to have survived the hottest summer in 30 years in New York City, living in the garden level apartment of an old row house built in 1829 with only a window air conditioner in the bedroom.

5.     I loved being back in California by the beach in December when New York had one of its worst blizzards ever and I didn’t have to negotiate the subway steps in NYC. (Picture is from New York Times.)
 
6
 
   I   I loved Thanksgiving 2010 at the farm with my favorite daughter, Melissa; my favorite son, Don, Jr.; my favorite son-in-law, Josh; my favorite grandchildren, Ava and Everett; and my favorite ex-husband, Don, Sr.

 
I loved being in Denver for Christmas for the beautiful Christmas wedding of my niece, Diana Harris, and her new husband, Jeremy Knaub.

 8.    I loved spending Christmas with my two favorite sisters, Linda and Sharon, and my favorite extended family of nieces, nephews, brothers-in-law, etc.
 9
 
I loved re-uniting with my favorite writing group after six months in Brooklyn, NY.

11.  I loved having a healthy happy 2010 and wish the same for all of you in 2011.

4 comments:

  1. And I loved seeing all of your favorites from 2010! Here's to more of the same for you in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed and then teared up when you mentioned us. I laughed at your favorites, since everything was a favorite, kind of like an e-mail I recently sent around where everything the dog did was its favorite - not comparing you, though you are a true blue friend and one of my favorite writing buddies. Awesome pix, I got a lot of warm fuzzies from that and I LOVE warm fuzzies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your friendship is one of OUR favorite things! Loved the pix, loved the post, love you!

    ReplyDelete