Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dawn

Dawn shakes off her cape of darkness,

dappling drowsy trees with a feathery touch.

She tiptoes from branch to branch in silver slippers

that flicker and flash through the leaves.

Her gray silk gown billows across the sky;

light glowing like white lace on its hem.

Like a lover reluctant to leave a tryst,

she lingers on the horizon, then

picks up her skirts and slips over the hills,

as the satisfied sun settles down

on the blue satin sheets of morning.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh. So lovely. Thank you for thinking and picturing and working to find a way to share the dawn's beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO love your poetry. It is so... how can I say... delicious. I NEVER tire of reading the magnificent visions you paint so flawlessly with words - I always SEE so easily and feel with such depth what you are describing. I want to see you publish a book of these tasty morsels! I am SERIOUS!!!! And I want to keep reading them!!! Keep that pen scratching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A whole collection of your beautifully expressive poetry would be a treat. You've got the soul of a poet, and the skills to match.

    ReplyDelete