Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Little Bit Haiku

by Susan Cameron

It's a beautiful April day, spring has sprung, and it's time to clean house. I opened some files and drawers, dumped the contents on the floor, and found some things I'd like to air out and show you.

Today, a touching haiku series, in honor of the seasons that change, and the people who don't.

RESPONSIBILITY

My neighbor, weeping;
Ten unpaid parking tickets
Landed Earl in jail.

The meter maid sighed.
Citations fell like blossoms
On windshield, ignored.

Sheriffs come like winter.
Twelve motherfuckers and Earl
Share a cell. Cozy?

No! Bail me out, now!
Lynyrd Skynyrd play "Free Bird"
As cash opens gate.

Street sweeping again.
Rednecks don't read calendars.
Another ticket.

Susan Cameron, copyright 1999

Okay, that's it for today! See y'all later!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, girl. I didn't know you did poetry. Pretty darn good, I'd say. Let's see more of this. What else is Earl up to.

    ReplyDelete