Pages

Monday, June 19, 2017

Michelle Obama is a What?

by Nancy Grossman-Samuel


“Do you think that Michelle Obama is really a man?” She asked as if she really wanted to know, as if this were a burning desire of hers to understand.

“What” I asked? Incredulous at best, completely floored at most and wondering If I turned on Fox News would I find out what this incredible story was about? But I have no desire to do that or google it (I'm not fond of google right now so I'm not capitalizing their name) because the question in and of itself is absurd.

I wonder if someone out there is trying to get Malia and Sasha’s birth records right now. Of course "they" wouldn't believe whatever "they" found if it didn't concur with what "they" wanted to see.

The girls WERE delivered by a family friend of the Obamas who could have lied and said that these children were birthed from the body of Michelle Obama, but who could know if she was really telling the truth? If it were a lie, the Obamas probably paid off a lot of people to make sure the story stuck.

President 45 and his minions are making me feel as if there is nothing at all I can rely on. There is nothing that is factual. Everything can and should be questioned, except for 45 and his family and his friends and his decisions and his statements and his tweets and his actions and and and and… (actually, if you listen to all of 45s proclamations, they almost all contradict each other so....).

I think I feel a little like I’m on a continual bad acid trip.

Are we living the prequel to 1984 or Brave New World or the Giver or Farenheit 451, or some other dystopian novel with a vision of a future run by someone who feels that only he has the absolute right to determine what alternate facts we MUST believe since he is the smartest, most brilliant, most capable, most competent and only authority for truth, justice, and the American Way (Superman where are you when we need you?)?

OR could there be another way to look at this? Could this even be a very very good thing, perhaps ushering in a period of time where each individual must figure out for him or herself what is true and real and important? It won't happen with anger and vitriol. It is going to have to come from a new and different place. A place where loving is the primary directive and not hating and WINNING. Winning is not really such a good thing if there are few winners and many many many many... losers - especially when the "winners" are also intense and insecure haters.

Perhaps with all of this doubt and craziness and upheaval, or what I perceive as doubt, craziness, and upheaval flying around, it will be up to me, up to each of us to determine the rightness or wrongness of EVERYTHING we see, hear, and experience and determine what feels right. I say FEELS right because in my belief system, and I don't really care if anyone else buys into this, but in my belief system, I think the most accurate judge of what is true and what is not true is our gut, and that is where I fall into another camp of crazies. So we all have our own crazinesses (for more on my own craziness - check out this blog... http://whentheydonotoccur.blogspot.com/ - nothing new since April of 2015, but I'm feeling the urge to write again!).

There are those who will say “No, we have to research everything and find out the truth about everything and only then can we believe anything.”

That's all well and good except that there are books and TV shows and NEWS shows and a gazillion web pages that will prove I am right no matter what I believe. Many of them proclaim some of the most irrational, or what I have determined for me is irrational bull shit – excuse my English - there is, but there are others who hold those “facts” as Gospel Truth. Who's right?

I wish I had asked the person who asked me that crazy question about the veracity of Michelle Obama’s gender how she felt about it. What her gut told her. My gut says that she would have had a lot of doubts, or why would she even have asked me?

Michelle Obama is one of the most beautiful WOMEN I have ever encountered both outside and inside (not knowing her personally, I am totally basing this on what I've heard and seen... so how reliable is that? Just my opinion and that is all). She is amazing in so many ways, but I HAVE seen Transsexuals and Female Impersonators who are also quite stunning. But my gut tells me Michelle is a woman, has always been a woman, and will always be a woman, unless, of course, she chooses, for whatever reason, to become a man. But if Barack were my husband… well, I doubt that would even ever cross her mind.


5 comments:

  1. I sure hope you're right about this being the dawn of a time when people actually think for themselves. I'm afraid I'm not as hopeful as you are. More and more we are divided into Them and Us, and we seek out "facts" that only support our beliefs, as you say. I feel like I'm on that acid trip with you and that we are traveling in a National Enquirer world. EEK!!!! I want to be in your loving, rational, empathetic world instead!

    Thanks for reviving Tasty Sauce, Nance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good read my friend...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good read my friend...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do I change my image? THAT must go!!! Im not THAT person anymore.

      Delete
    2. How do I change my image? THAT must go!!! Im not THAT person anymore.

      Delete